In partnership with the Centre for Software Engineering we are running a two day course on “Managing Information Security with the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard”. The course is scheduled to run on the 20th and 21st of October 2008 and you can book your place on the course by contacting the Centre for Software Engineering.
The “Managing Information Security with the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard” course provides a framework that will enable those responsible for securing sensitive information assets using a quality based approach to identify key assets and how best to manage the associate threats and risks.The subjects covered include:
- Overview of information security
- Introduction to the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard
- Identifying key information assets
- Identifying risks
- Strategies for mitigating and managing risk
- Implementing appropriate security controls
- Monitoring the effectiveness of security controls.
The course materials are supported with a number of practical exercises, tips and case studies to illustrate and give experience in applying the techniques described. More details of the course are available from the Centre for Software Engineering