Information security is becoming more and more a business critical issue as executives and IT professionals are responsible for ensuring the safeguarding of client information, corporate data and compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements.
The ISO 27001 Information Security Standard enables those responsible for securing corporate information and associated assets to demonstrate they have taken a very powerful step in complying with internationally recognised best practices in information security.
BH Consulting and the Centre for Software Engineering are hosting a two day course “Managing Information Security with the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard”. This course provides a framework that will enable those responsible for securing sensitive information assets using a quality based approach to identify key assets and how best to manage the associate threats and risks.
The subjects covered include:
- Overview of information security
- Introduction to the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard
- Identifying key information assets
- Identifying risks
- Strategies for mitigating and managing risk
- Implementing appropriate security controls
- Monitoring the effectiveness of security controls
More information at the Centre For Software Engineering’s website.