Last week was the annual trek to London for Infosec to which I’ve gone for more years than I care to remember. This year saw the second European Security Bloggers meetup which was organised by both Jack Daniel and myself. It was also the first year for the EU Security Blogger Awards.
Alan Shimel has been running the Security Blogger Awards for the past few years as part of RSA in the US. However, many of those nominated were US based so we decided this year to set up a similar event here in Europe to shine a light on some of the excellent European focused blogs.
I was delighted when the winners of the various categories were announced to hear that this blog had won the Best Educational Blog.
Thanks to all who supported and voted for the blog, it is very much appreciated.
The full list of winners is as follows;
- The Best Corporate Security Blog – Sophos Naked Security Blog
- Best Security Podcast – Eurotrash Security Podcast
- Best Security Video Blog – InfosecCynic
- Best Personal Security Blog- Thom Langford
- Most Entertaining Blog – InfosecCynic
- Most Educational Blog – SecurityWatch
- Best New Security Blog – Dave Waterson on Security
- Best EU Security Tweeter – @rik_ferguson
- Grand Prix Prize for the Best Overall Security Blog – Sophos Naked Security Blog
Congratulations to all who were nominated and especially those who won. A big thank you to Tenable Network Security and Qualys for hosting the night and the awards. Do take some time to visit the above blogs, you won’t be disappointed.