More and more organisations are making information security a priority. Data breaches and cyber attacks are, unfortunately, becoming a regular occurrence. At the same time, many companies are increasingly asking organisations they work with to show they handle all data securely. But how can organisations be confident in the security measures they put in place? And can they apply the same approach to data protection?
On Wednesday 26 May, BH Consulting will host a virtual briefing looking at how the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard can answer these questions and more.
ISO 27001 provides companies with a structured and proven way to implement and manage an Information Security Management System (ISMS). Some of the other reasons for achieving certification are to:
• Manage your IT security risk
• Keep confidential data secure
• Improve your business processes
• Negate the need for security assessments by third parties
• Comply with regulations
• Give external stakeholders confidence you take security seriously
• Protect your organisation’s reputation.
The ISO 27001 standard forms a solid foundation for information security; ISO 27701 builds on the well-known ISO 27001 standard by providing a comprehensive set of controls for protecting personal data. ISO 27701 may become the de facto standard of care for organisations to protect personally identifiable information (PII). You can use it to demonstrate compliance with privacy regulations around the globe, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
On the virtual briefing, BH Consulting’s lead ISO 27001 consultant David Prendergast will demystify the steps involved in achieving these certifications and put organisations at ease by explaining the process in straightforward terms. The briefing will finish with an interactive Q&A to address any concerns you may have about beginning your journey to certification.
This webinar is suitable for organisations hoping to achieve ISO 27001 certification as well as those that have already achieved ISO 27001 certification and are thinking about becoming certified to ISO 27701.
• What does ISO 27001 Certification cover?
• How do companies define their scope and how can they reasonably limit scope? What are the parameters for that?
• How do you certify?
• How does BH Consulting help customers with their certification?
• How do you maintain certification?
• How does the process differ between large corporates and SMEs?
• What is ISO 27701 Certification and how do you go about getting it?
• Benefits of both ISO 27001 and ISO 27701 certification
About the presenter: David Prendergast, Senior Security and Compliance Consultant
David has been providing advisory and consulting services to in-house and external clients across the full industry spectrum for over thirty years. A former CISO, he has held security and operational risk roles in financial services, technology, manufacturing, health service, and local government organisations.
David has helped a wide range of clients from start-ups to multinationals to achieve ISO 27001 certification. These organisations are drawn from sectors such as financial services, IT, healthcare, software, and the public sector.
Date: Wednesday 26th May 2021
Time: 3.00pm – 4.00pm
For more information about this virtual briefing or to register, please contact: