This coming Thursday, the 10th of April, the SANS Community night will start at 6.00pm and is part of SANS Dublin 2008. This is a great opportunity to meet Irish and international information security professionals in a relaxed and friendly environment.
The event will take place at the Red Cow Moran Hotel, Red Cow Complex, Naas Road and will kick off with 5.45pm with refreshments, i.e. free beer, served throughout.
There will be a number of speakers including myself and the agenda is as follows;
6.00pm Owen O’Conner ? ISSA
Introduction to ISSA and the ISSA / UCD Irish Cybercrime Survey
This session will provide a brief introduction to the Information Systems Security Association, including;
- background, development and current status;
- how ISSA differs from other professional associations;
- examples of why members get involved with ISSA;
- an overview of ISSA activities in Ireland and internationally;
- some upcoming projects for 2008;
- and how to get involved with ISSA.
Following on from that will be an overview of the partnership between ISSA Ireland and the UCD Centre for Cybercrime Investigation, including;
- the development of the centre and its current activities;
- ISSA’s involvement with UCD;
- the results of our 2006 Irish Cybercrime Survey;
- and finally a preview of some data we’re receiving as part of this year’s survey.
Actively managing your career in security
How information security professionals can take charge of their career
7.00pm Owen Connolly – Principal Security Specialist – O2
“PCI from the trenches”
7.45pm Brian Honan – BH Consulting and ‘SANS Newsbites’ Editor
“SANS and the Community”
8.30 – 9.00 Night caps and networking.
It promises to be a great night and I look forward to meeting some of you there.