Due to market growth and continued expansion, BH Consulting is looking to augment its growing DPO-as-a-service team with a new Data Protection Consultant.
The candidate is passionate about data protection and is keen to demonstrate this. The candidate has at least 5 years experience in data protection (or IT data project management with demonstrable interest in Data Protection), and is likely to be currently serving in a similar position(s).
The Data Protection Consultant will work collaboratively with the BH Consulting team and its consulting partners. They will be involved with work across a wide range of complex technical environments, in client organisations ranging from small indigenous companies to large multinationals.
Core responsibilities of the Data Protection Consultant:
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Design SARs, respond to SARs
- Provide advice to clients on 1) interpretation of legislation and application of controls to render clients compliant, 2) design governance frameworks to ensure ongoing compliance and 3) implement metrics to provide risk oversight to senior management
- Prepare assessment documentation and reports including remedial recommendations
- Create and maintain supporting project documentation
- Implement all project management and project oversight systems and processes
Core skills of the Data Protection Consultant:
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage several projects/clients simultaneously
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Holds a degree in a related discipline, and a privacy related qualification is preferable
- Works well and flexibly, to meet deadlines and budgets
- Works on own initiative, as well as within a team
- Availability to travel internationally
- The position is a fulltime position, based in Ireland
- Candidates must be fluent in English, both verbal and written
If you are interested in working with us, please send your details to [email protected]