As the spring season starts to kick in so too does the events calendar for information security meetings. Many of the larger conferences will start to happen over the coming months. But there are many local events that are equally as informative and worth looking into more.
There are a number of worthwhile events coming up in Ireland over the coming weeks;
- The IISF Meeting on the 8th of March includes a talk on BYOD: expert presentations and practical implementation experiences. More details are available here.
- The Irish Chapter of ISACA will hold its next meeting on the 13th of March and the topic that day will be Building & Measuring Security in Web Applications. More details can be got from here.
- The Anti-Phishing Working Group will hold its second E-Crime Researchers Sync Up on the 7th and 8th of March. There are a lot of great talks scheduled for the event and it is well worth considering going to. Details of the event are available here.
- The Limerick chapter of OWASP is hosting its next meeting on the 24th March and it will be the opening meeting for the chapter with a number of topics being discussed such as;
- Introduction to OWASP Projects and Resources
- The Penetration Testing Golden Rules
There is a lot of hype in various media outlets about the bigger security conferences however I often find that local chapter meetings can provide a lot more benefit as it gives you the chance to meet and discuss issues with your peers, while at the same time listening to some excellent talks. Do take the time to attend some of the above meetings it will be well worth your investment in time.