BH has been in the Cybersecurity and Data Protection sector for many years, and in our experience – Project Management is the single most important skill that our consultants demonstrate. That is why, when we are hire consultants, we always look for this key skill.
Due to continued expansion, BH Consulting is looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager, with experience in IT, Cyber Security or Data Protection. If you are an experienced Project Manager in these areas and looking for a new role in a dynamic team, working on varied and interesting projects – we would love to hear from you!
The Senior Project Manager manages key client projects, covering domains such as data protection, IT governance and cybersecurity. The successful candidate will work directly with clients and other departments to ensure the coordination and completion of such projects on time, within budget and within scope. They will oversee all aspects of projects e.g. planning, deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, status updates and preparing executive reports for upper management.
Although they will be familiar with a variety of field’s including ICT, Cybersecurity and Data protection –they DO NOT require expertise in these areas, as we have a team of highly experienced subject matter experts to support them!!
The most essential qualification that the successful candidate will have is being able to demonstrate a passion for project management. They will most likely (but not definitely) have 8-10 years experience managing projects, and have qualifications reflecting their skills, such as in Project Management, IT, Cybersecurity and/or Data protection.
Project management responsibilities include:
- Coordinate client resources, internal resources
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Cybersecurity or Data Protection is also a plus
If this role interests you and you want to join an exciting and growing company, please send your CV to our COO, Valerie Lyons [email protected]