Head of Practice – Cyber Security Consulting
It’s such good news when an organisation continues to expand during these peculiar times! Having extended our Cybersecurity consulting practice over the last two years, the BH Consulting leadership team now seek a Head of Practice (Cyber Security). If you feel you might be the person for the role – please send your CV to [email protected]
What kind of person are we looking for?
BH Consulting is a firm built on trust – the trust of our employees and the trust of our customers. Our team works hard to nurture and sustain that trust, so the person we seek places trust at the core of everything they do.
The candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in Cyberrisk, with a background in any or all of the following: Cyber Strategy, Cyber Risk Assessments, Business Continuity, Penetration tests, Vulnerability Assessments, Cyber Project Management and ISO 27001. They are most likely to be currently engaged leading a diverse team of people. They will have excellent leadership skills, excellent business development acumen and can navigate the challenge of meeting the demands of a domestic and international client-base. They will probably have a technical background, underpinning their extensive knowledge and experience. They not only understand Cyberrisk but also have a grounded understanding of business models and how those business models are aligned to the Information Management Strategy. They will also have an in-depth understanding of Cyberrisk beyond the traditional ICT spectrum, such as Audit, Operations, Risk, Compliance and Governance.
What will this person do?
- Consult with clients on matters relating to cybersecurity, including auditing, standards, assessments, risk management, forensics, penetration tests, vulnerability assessments and security frameworks such as NIST, COBIT and ISO 27001.
- Provide guidance to direct reports in the cybersecurity team
- Manage the overall financial budgeting for cybersecurity function
- Deal with day to day HR requirements of the team
- Guide the talent identification and development processes for the team
- Ensure cross training of all team members, and facilitate goal-level creation for the team
- As part of the senior leadership team, report on and monitor team goals and metrics
- As part of the senior leadership team, participate in strategy development and execution planning, with a focus on developing and delivering an ever expanding list of international clients.
- Monitor and communicate financial results and key performance indicators to the team and to individuals in the team
The Head of Practice (Cyber Security) is a senior consultant who will have a collaborative and empathic leadership style. They will nurture and sustain the fibre of BH values in the team, and will guide and develop each member of the team. They will also be able to develop and manage appropriate information security policies, standards and reports for clients. They will provide expertise on industry best practice such as ISO 270001, PCI DSS, SOC 2, COBIT 5, and CyberEssentials etc. and will be involved with work across a wide range of complex technical environments, in client organisations ranging from small indigenous companies to large multinationals.
Core attributes of the Head of Practice (Cyber Security) :
- Experience in performing risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and documenting results
- Extensive knowledge of business systems and information security technologies
- Developing, writing and reviewing information security policies and standards
- Designing, advising and performing information security awareness training
- Advising clients on industry best practise
- Performing audits and assessments against international standards such as ISO27001
- Availability to travel internationally
Core skills of the Senior Cybersecurity Consultant:
- Excellent team leader, resource manager and project manager, who can also act on own initiative
- Qualified to a degree standard in a related discipline – either in business leadership or in cybersecurity (or an equivalent in either academic qualifications or experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in cybersecurity
- Although not required, certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP etc. are a distinct advantage
- Ability and confidence in talking to both executive management together with ICT/Audit Teams.
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate complex technology concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Excellent report writing skills
- Works well and flexibly, to meet deadlines and budgets
- Comprehensive fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Available to work in Ireland with all required visas or work permits to do so.
If you think you may be suitable and are interested in the position, please send your cv to [email protected]